The Lucas County EITC Coalition has greatly expanded its efforts and effectiveness in the 2007/2008 tax season.
This year we hope to:
- Provide outreach to more than 5000 working families and individuals to get their taxes prepared at one of the coalition’s free tax sites.
- Operate 14 electronic Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites
- Train 100 volunteers from local universities, businesses and public to help out at the VITA sites.
- Help low-wage workers receive the refunds they are entitled to
- Help Families and individuals learn to turn their refunds into lasting wealth
- Save families more than $500,000 in tax preparers fees