Elected Officials
Homeland Security
Court of Appeals
Common Pleas Court
Juvenile Court
Probate Court
Clerk of Courts
Domestic Relations Court
Other Boards
Lucas County Children Services
Lucas County Board of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities
Lucas County Veterans Services Commission
Toledo - Lucas County Health Department
Mental Health & Recovery Services Board of Lucas County
Board of Elections
Lucas County Improvement Corporation
Lucas Soil and Water Conservation District
Toledo - Lucas County Plan Commission
Toledo - Lucas County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
Local Emergency Planning Committee
Lucas County Family Council
Lucas County Board of Revision
Voting At Your Precinct Polling Place
Voting At Your Precinct Polling Place
Where do I vote?
You cast your ballot at your precinct's designated polling place, unless you vote a provisional ballot. If you do not know where your precinct polling place is located, contact your county board of elections. If you have access to the Internet, you may visit the Secretary of State's Web site, www.sos.state.oh.us for the location of your polling place, or click here for the Lucas County Polling Locator.

How do I vote?
Instructions for casting a ballot are posted in each polling place. If you have any question about how to mark or cast your ballot, or if you have incorrectly marked or torn a ballot, immediately contact the precinct election officials (poll workers) for instructions before you cast your ballot.

May I receive assistance in voting?
A voter with a physical or mental disability or who is unable to read or write may be assisted by anyone of the voter's choice, except a candidate whose candidacy is being voted on in that precinct, the voter's employer or the employer's agent, or an officer or agent of the voter's union. The voter also may be assisted by two poll workers of different political parties. No one who assists a voter may disclose any information about how that person voted.

How do I establish which political party's ballot I am entitled to vote?
In a partisan primary, you may vote the primary ballot of the political party with which you currently wish to be affiliated. If you voted the primary ballot of a different political party in 2004 or 2005, you will complete a statement at your polling place confirming the change in your political party affiliation.

May I vote on ballot issues at a primary election without declaring my party affiliation?
Yes. You may vote on the issues and questions, if any, that are on the ballot in your precinct by requesting an "issues-only" ballot.

Will I need an ID to Vote?
Yes. Every voter will be required to provide proof of identity before voting. The form of identification that you may use includes your current and valid photo identification card, military identification, copy of utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or government document showing your name and current address. (Note: You cannot use as proof of identification a notice that the board of elections mailed to you.) If you do not have, or fail or refuse to provide, the required proof of identity, you may cast a provisional ballot. Click here to view provisional ballot information.

TTY Assistance
The Secretary of State's office maintains a telephone line to provide information on registration and voting for hearing-impaired citizens: (614) 466-0562.
Advanced ...
Board of Elections
One Government Center
Suite 300
Toledo, OH  43604
(419) 213-4001

Contact List...

Downloadable Phone Directory (PDF)

Please visit Adobe for information on accessible pdf documents.

Website development and maintenance by LCIS
This site is optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
Email feedback to: Lucas County Webmaster
Content Disclaimer, Privacy & Security Policy
Web Accessibility Plan

Copyright 2005 Lucas County, Ohio. All rights reserved.