Lucas County Board of Elections Precinct Judges
DEMOCRATIC PRECINCT JUDGES 419.213.2640
REPUBLICAN PRECINCT JUDGES 419.213.2630
Click here to download a pollworker application.
WANTED!!! CIVIC-MINDED INDIVIDUALS WANTED TO SERVE THEIR COMMUNITY
The Lucas County Board of Elections seeks individuals to staff the 495 precincts on Election Day. The Board of Elections hires approximately 2200 individuals to work on Election Day. We are looking for civic-minded individuals to staff these precincts. Without individuals such as yourself, the election cannot be held. Don't hesitate. Print the "Precinct Judge Application Form", fill it out and send it to the Lucas County Board of Elections, or fax the form to (419) 213-4069.
HOW DO I BECOME A PRECINCT JUDGE?
Simply drop us a line, or telephone the Board office and ask to speak to the Republican or Democratic Precinct Judge Clerk.
HOW IS ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED?
WHERE WILL I WORK?
- Are you currently registered to vote?
- Do you enjoy working with and meeting people?
- Do you have your own transportation?
- Do you have a telephone number that you can be reached at?
- Are you willing to attend a training session?
- Are you available for the current election?
Polling locations are located in many of the schools throughout Lucas County, churches, fraternal organizations, municipal buildings, and public libraries. Every effort is made to place you close to where you live. However, many times we need people in other areas of the county. Please indicate if travel is not a problem when applying.
WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF WORK?
All precinct judges are required to attend a training session prior to the election. Individuals must be at their assigned polling location on the Monday night before the election for approximately 1/2 hour, and be at their designated polling location at 6:00 AM election day, and remain there till the polls close and the results are tabulated. Typically the time frame is 6:00 AM to 8:15 PM.
HOW MUCH WILL I BE PAID?
You can either work as a Presiding Judge or a Regular Judge.
Presiding Judge $ 110.00
Regular Judge $ 100.00
Payment for attending training classes will be based on the length of the class.
WHAT ARE MY DUTIES?
IF YOU ENJOY WORKING WITH PEOPLE AND DOING SOMETHING IMPORTANT FOR YOUR COMMUNITY, THEN SIGN UP TODAY! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT THE LUCAS COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS AT THE ABOVE LISTED NUMBERS OR PRINT AND COMPLETE THE FORM PROVIDED ABOVE. GET INVOLVED! BE A PART OF THE POLITICAL PROCESS AND HELP YOUR COMMUNITY AT THE SAME TIME. IT IS EASY AND REWARDING!
- Presiding Judges must pick up their precinct supplies at the Board of Elections warehouse prior to the election.
- Presiding Judges must deliver the results and supplies to a designated sub-station on election night.
- All Judges must report to their designated polling site at 7:00 PM on Monday night.
- All Judges must report to their designated polling site at 6:00 AM on Election Day.
- Open the voting machines and post sample ballots provided.
- Check voters for eligibility.
- Assist voters.
- Close voting machines.
- Tabulate results from your precinct.
- Maintain a pleasant personality.